Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Trial and error

My little garden is failing to produce to full capacity right now. Three of my largest containers have been dedicated to yellow crook-neck summer squash and the veggies are literally rotting off the plant as they grow. I can't help but smile though, I am marking this all down in my garden log and I know that if I plant them again I will know not to do so at this time of the year. I am learning and my skills are growing stronger because the plants are not producing. When I was a kid in school a teacher told the class that Thomas Edison was quoted as saying that he had not failed to create an electric light bulb, he had successfully determined 10,000 ways that would not produce the desired result. Looking back I recall that Mr. Edison did in fact develop from his trial and error the incandescent light bulb. If it worked for Mr. Edison it will work me so that is my thought for today, learn from planned successes as well as from those you did not intend and you will grow stronger.

-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment