Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Did it myself

I am up for trying anything to keep my money out of the hands of major corporations (especially foreign ones.) Recently I came upon a recipe for homemade laundry detergent and saved it to try. Well, today is D-day for the detergent and it works so well I figured I had better share it. 1 bar shaved Fels-Naptha soap, 1 bar Zote soap, 3 cups Arm and Hammer washing soda, 3 cups Borax. Just a note; next time I think I will use three bars of Fels-Naptha rather than one of each (Zote bars are twice as big,) i just like the texture of Fels-Naptha better. Mix or shake it up and use 2 Tablespoons per load it even works in HE front loaders because it is a low sudsing formula. Average estimated cost per load is only $0.07 compared to over $0.50 for most commercially made detergents, and like I said I am only posting because it worked so well. Strength of personal economy, and another skill!

-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment