Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Brighten my day

Let's talk again about strengthening your personal economy by making a small change around the house. I want to talk about lighting. A standard incandescent bulb is only 10% efficient, that means that 90% of your lighting bill goes to heating rather than illumination. If you live somewhere warm like I do that is double trouble since I then have to turn around and spend more in A/C to cool off the heat my lights are producing. Most people have heard over the last ten or so years that high efficiency compact florescent bulbs conserve energy, that is true, but nothing and I mean nothing is as efficient as an LED. LED bulbs are now much more affordable and available than ever with many brands MADE IN THE U.S.A., and you know nothing makes me happier that saving money, being responsible and supporting American Businesses. Check out 1-800bulbs.com, LEDWaves.com, or just go to Home Depot or your locally owned hardware store and buy them off the shelf, I have found them for as little as $10.00. Please remember to look for the Made in U.S.A. logo and enjoy the strong savings and cooler atmosphere in your home.

-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment