Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pass on the Strength

Tomorrow my wife and I are lucky enough to host my nephew at our home in Florida. This is a case for celebration anytime, but I am even more excited that I get to share with him some of the gardening practices that I use. You see, he has become interested in growing food as has his mother, my sister. So not only do my wife and I get to enjoy his company and use his presence as an excuse to have a great time for four days but I get to pass on a legacy to my family that will feed, entertain them and keep them in good health for years to come. There is an old gardener's riddle that says "anyone can count the seeds in an apple but who can count the apples in a seed." I think that this very much applies to passing on the heritage of growing your own sustainable food sources, for the rest of his life my nephew will be able to produce food from the seeds in an apple. That isn't just strong, that's powerful!

-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment