Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Friday, August 10, 2012

A gift that keeps on giving

On of my colleagues has been helping me to have time to eat my lunch for months. You see in my line of work a break is only as long as you can go without being called to respond. My associate, we'll call her T.C. Gilcreif, has repeatedly made herself available to respond while I eat. That kind of gesture cannot go unanswered. Since T.C. is very much into growing her own food, I decided that I should start a tree for her. My first thought was a white flesh peach tree which should grow well in our area, unfortunately I shattered the seed when I tried to crack the pit. So now we are on to an avocado tree. This tree is exceptionally east to start and will produce years of healthy food for her family. Since I have never started an avocado tree I went to to Hand Grown in California's website and got the ridiculously easy instructions. Not only do I get to show my appreciation to a friend, I am learning a skill that will last me the rest of my life and that I can share with my friends and family. A strong gift that we all can benefit from.

-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment