Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Well, that's just peachy

This afternoon I put the peach seed into some soil.  I liberated the seed from the pit via table vise after letting it dry for a week or so.  Planted 4" deep in Miracle Grow the little seed may bring big things.  I did mention the soil I am using since I am just beginning to use it, sort of a trial.  So now I have an avocado that has a nice root going and the shell is splitting on the seed, cherries and a plum are cooling off in the fridge prior to planting, and two oranges starting in 4" pots.  The goal obviously is to grow a bit of fruit and I am starting it in anticipation of having some ground of my own soon to plant it in.  I intend to do a bit more with the citrus by bringing in some lemon, lime and grapefruit but the oranges are the guinea pigs.  Hopefully I can work out the kinks of starting seedling prior to establishing my own mini grove.  I know the title leads toward the peaches but I am including a picture of the avocado 2 minutes ago.  I hope the root is strong!
-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment