Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Strength to do it all.

"Have you given up on the garden?"  This is the question my wife asked me yesterday.  I thought about it and said, "No, why?"  Well it turns out that when I neglect thee garden for hunting season bugs still come, soil still dries out and the leaves still grow.  I have this tendency you see to focus 100% on one thing and take it as far as I can go, and while I am blazing new trails the old ones grow over.  This year when we get the new house I will put in a self-watering garden and try to make things workable for that quarter of the year that I would rather hang from a tree than water a plant.   That is just how things work in my mind If I like it, I love it, if I want it to continue however, I have to make it into a system; a watering system, a ring of marigolds to keep the bugs out, a pre-planned schedule to keep things working.  Strength  of all types is built over time including the strength to live a life I can be proud of, so next time I find I am marching full force into something new I will remember to look closely at the parts of my life I need to bring with me and make them  automatic.  So maybe next September my wife won't have to ask if I still garden.

-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment