Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sanctity of Marriage

Recently my wife and I quit smoking together, believe me having two people in the same house kicking the habit can be trying even at the best of times. This experience is giving me the opportunity to see what an unhappy home can be like. Overall my wife and I enjoy a pretty happy existence and don't fight and argue very often. Since we have had a few quarrels recently I have taken the opportunity to reflect on the strength of our marriage and am very impressed especially as compared to the home I grew up in as did my wife for that matter...we are both the product of broken homes and parents that for one reason or another did not stick it out and work through "good times and bad." Both of our Mothers for instance have had three husbands while our fathers both never remarried. Such similar histories have, I believe brought us to the determination separately and together to enter into and remain in marriage even/especially when we have to work for it. This determination and effort makes the good times all the better and the bad, not so bad, because we already know that we will make it through to the other side. The collapse of marriages and families in the U.S. breaks my heart and ruins more lives than can be counted. I know that for my family, we made our decisions before getting married and discussed the topic openly before committing our lives to each other before our family and friends, that is after all why the vows say "'till death do us part." Please if you are reading this, take the sanctity of marriage and family to heart before entering into a marriage or before even considering throwing away the vows you've made. If you believe that marriage can be temporary, maybe you should consider dating instead, after all the emotional and financial cost to yourself, your family and the nation will be greatly lessened.

A strong American from a strong family is a stronger American.

-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment