Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Do you have the strength to do what is right? Do I?

So far this early in the day I have seen homeless people soliciting on street corners, people rude in traffic & trash in the street...it is only 0900 AM as I write this. When I see someone who is truly in need I give, not to everyone, but I give blood, time and in certain cases money, I do let people merge in front of me and I will and do pick up trash littered about on the ground. I have never stopped a rape or murder, never been present to stop an abusive parent from beating their child. Not once have I driven into a disaster area to deliver aid to those who desperately need it. I gave to the red-cross after Katrina and my wife to the pet rescue efforts, but neither of us volunteered in the months or years after to contribute. What I need to ask myself is, am I doing my share, I think that there is room for improvement. So far this year I have volunteered at one charity event and given to the American Red Cross one time, I have one school charity gala planned for this year. Is that enough? I know I need to do more, I know I need to encourage others to do the same. If you read this please Google your County or City name followed by the words Volunteer opportunities, you WILL find many opportunities to give back close to home where you can see the results and your community can directly benefit. If we set the example of what a few stronger Americans can accomplish others will follow, they just need role models.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment