Before you buy ANYTHING go here!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Go stand in the employment line

We are coming to a time in the history of the world where more people are literate than are not, where higher education is available to everyone (even those who did not complete high school.) When I was a child my mother told me that by the time I grew up I would need a college degree just to work at Mc Donald's. What I am finding out however is that even for those with an advanced degree there is no guarantee of employment. Knowing that I need to spend time on professional development, I recently underwent aptitude testing to provide some direction as I prepare to go back to school. The testing has provided me with some invaluable insight that is paying me back even now before attending any further schooling or changing careers. Even armed with this information I realize that in addition to new skills to better work within the guidelines of my own aptitudes I need to learn new career finding skills. To this end I have been reading "What color is your Parachute" by Richard Bolles. This book is updated annually and full of valuable resources and information and I highly recommend it to anyone seeking employment. I am posting this information as a reference to anyone reading, we all know that one of the largest problems we as Americans are facing is unemployment. My problem is not unemployment, I am searching for a more rewarding vocation. If anything from my journey helps even one American find stronger employment all I ask in return is that you pass it on and help another. With unemployment rates hovering above 10% in most of thee country we need not only to create jobs, we need to be worth employing and capable of finding those that need our skills before the job that could have bee ours is sent overseas. Learn about yourself, your strengths, your weaknesses and go apply yourself in a way that is uniquely yours, do your job in a way no one else can and rise to the top, do it for yourself, do it for your family, do it for America.

When we work together strategically to gain better employment and provide it to others we all become stronger.

-TODD

No comments:

Post a Comment